Kindness is one of the things I want to see more of. It’s one of those feelings or moments that tend to stick with me the most. At that moment, a person is presented with various options – and they chose to be kind. That is pretty cool, we need more kindness in the world.
I was at Kmart today (again.. I know, I’m on a cleaning/organizing buzz). Baxter wouldn’t listen and Lily well, don’t even get me started. Some amazing woman helped me out, wrangling a trolley and fighting lily into said trolley. The gesture and kindness went such a long way. I was visibly stressed and losing patience at a rapid rate.
Kmart was their last chance before we went home.. I was taking Baxter into Toyworld in town to pick a toy after he went poos on the toilet (long story) and Lily completely lost the plot, wouldn’t listen, was having the mad tantrums and kept running off. I have never been so embarrassed and had to walk out only 5 minutes after getting them out of the car and into the store. I had to leave, I was losing my control.
I didn’t know the woman who chose to stop and help me and that is the beauty of it. Some beautiful stranger seen me struggling, she had a child with her so can probably relate. I felt embarrassed that I had indeed needed the help and that I wasn’t able to control both of the kids at that time but I was so grateful. It made me smile and brought me back down to reality (I was pretty wound up after the Toyworld incident). Her actions completely changed my day.
Isn’t it incredible that one moment can change your entire day or mindset? When was the last time you showed kindness? Maybe a random act to a stranger and paid it forward.
A positive mind and a full heart can have a huge impact on your wellbeing.
Here are a few ways you could show kindness this coming week I did a mass google but these stood out to me and I can proudly say I currently do these things:
- Smile and say “hello” or “good morning” to a stranger walking down the street
- Pay for the person’s coffee behind you
- Create a care package for someone feeling under the weather
- Let another driver merge into your lane – and don’t hate them for it (K, I don’t do this much – but I’ll try)
- Thank a service person such as a police officer or fireman for their hard work and dedication to serving others – massive YES.
- Give up your seat on the bus/train. Does it matter if they’re pregnant or elderly? If they look like they could do with a seat – give them one!
- Always keep your word
- Stick up for a person who has been treated wrongly – no good talking about it after, take action now
- Let someone, who only has a few items, go ahead of you in the checkout line of the supermarket.
Next time you see a mum struggling (or anybody for that matter), help them out – we’ve all been there x
Thank you, whoever and wherever you are. You made a shitty day, a little less shitty.